Founded in 1839, Elgin Academy is the oldest coeducational, non-sectarian, college preparatory school west of the Allegheny Mountains. The school is dedicated to a challenging liberal arts curriculum, a belief in rigorous academic standards, the development of high moral character, and a true spirit of community. Elgin Academy currently serves approximately 370 students from Preschool through Grade 12, with 140 students in the Upper School. The campus is located 35 miles northwest of Chicago.
Elgin Academy is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution that fully and actively supports equal access for all.Elgin Academy Employment Application
Elgin Academy Community and Events Coordinator
The Elgin Academy Community & Events Coordinator is responsible for maintaining a positive on-going relationship with the EA parent and alumni community in support of the school’s long-term development strategy. Additional responsibilities include planning and implementing approximately 10 events per year. These events include, but are not limited to, Homecoming, Reunion, Commencement, Golf Outing, additional parent and alumni events, and Extravaganza, Elgin Academy’s annual fundraising auction.
Reports to: Director of Development
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of successful development, volunteer management, or event management experience.
- Efficient time and project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong inter-personal skills and professional demeanor.
- Strong computer and analytical skills along with excellent writing skills. Database experience a plus.
- Must be flexible and available to work some evenings and weekends.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Community Liaison
- Support the Director of Development as a connection between Elgin Academy and our parent and alumni communities.
- Build relationships with key leadership volunteers and supporters.
- Team with the Development Director to develop a comprehensive strategy to increase parent community engagement, including cultivation and stewardship.
- Increase outreach to alumni community in order to cultivate relationships with eye toward growing donations.
- Collaborate with the Development and Strategic Marketing and Communication Directors to develop an annual Alumni communications strategy and relations program.
- Monitor Elgin Academy Alumni Council for activity, updates, and recruiting new participants.
- Special Events
- Lead events and work with the Development Director and parent volunteer committees (as needed) to establish timelines and division of tasks.
- Manage Elgin Academy’s signature fundraising event, Extravaganza.
- Coordinate timelines, budgets, meetings, vendors, and event set-up and clean-up for all events.
- Oversee all event solicitations and collaborate with the Director of Strategic Marketing and Communication on the dissemination of all event marketing, including invitations, e-mails, e-blasts and updates for the parent newsletter.
- Prepare ongoing event progress reports and event summaries.
Term of Employment: full-time, 40 hour per week, year-round employee
Elgin Academy is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution that fully and actively supports equal access for all.
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and names of at least two references electronically.
Marnie Kut, Director of Development (July 1, 2017),
Elgin Academy, 350 Park St.,Elgin, IL 60120
The Athletic Department has the following positions available:
- Middle School Volleyball Assistant Coach (fall 2017)
- Middle School Boys Basketball-Head Coach (winter 2017)
- Upper School Boys Soccer Coach (fall 2017)
- Upper School Girls Soccer Coach (spring 2018)
If you are interested in being considered as a substitute teacher, please email your resume and cover letter electronically to Harry Gould, firstname.lastname@example.org.