International Student Admission
Deadline: January 15th
[International Student application requests received after January 15th are subject to space availability.]
Hear directly from these Elgin Academy international alumni:
- Se Won Park - 2011, currently attending Cornell (Business Management)
- Yoon Ji Seon - 2011, currently attending Georgia Tech (Engineering)
We strongly recommend that ALL APPLICANTS begin their application process one year in advance of the fall semester for which they plan to apply - including INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. This timeframe will allow adequate time to process all necessary steps (including the TOEFL exam, I-20 paperwork, and SKYPE interview for international applicants). Hosting is an option for international students.
TUITION & FEES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: 2013-2014
(Click HERE for PDF format; updated 5/13/13)
Application Steps for International Students
1. FIRST: Please complete the online inquiry form by clicking HERE.
2. NEXT: Submit the completed grade-appropriate admission application (both the parent and student portions including the essay) and e-mail it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org (also mail the original with the application fee $50 US Dollars).
3. Submit two teacher recommendations (from Math and English teachers).
4. Submit report cards/transcripts for the two most recently completed school years (must be translated into English and notarized for accuracy).
5. Submit Release of Records form to student's current school and email a copy to Admissions (form is included in the application link below).
6. Submit TOEFL exam results (for English proficiency scores).
7. Submit proof of applicant’s identity.
8. Schedule an online computer SKYPE interview with our Admission Director (if applicant is out of the state or country).
9. Once all steps have been completed and an official admission decision has been made, parents will be notified by the Admission Director.
10. If the student is ACCEPTED, we will issue an Enrollment Agreement Contract to be signed by the student’s parents or legal guardians. This Agreement needs to be returned with a non-refundable $1,300 deposit before we can issue an I-20.
11. Tuition and Fees for international students will include I-20 processing, ESL classes, and host family fee (host family fee is optional if applicant has made alternative housing arrangements).
UPPER SCHOOL (Grades 9-12)
(For international applicants below Grade 9, please email us at email@example.com for details.)