2022 Summer Program Information and Resources
Important information about Elgin Academy's Summer Program is available below along with resources for parents.
- COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
- Registration Policies and Procedures
- Parent Forms and Resources
- Contact Information
- Driving Directions & Campus Parking
Elgin Academy Summer program will continue to follow the COVID protocols established for the school year and listed in the Together on the Hilltop pages of our website. Elgin Academy will follow recommendations from federal, state, and local authorities. Our primary source of guidance is the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Illinois State Board of Education and the Kane County Department of Public Health.
Registration Policies and Procedures
Registration Information: By enrolling your child in the program you agree to all Elgin Academy Summer Program registration policies and procedures.
Registration Discounts: A 10% registration discount will be applied to fees paid in full by May 1st.
Late Registrations: Due to COVID-19, registration for EA's Summer Program is required in advance so that adequate staffing, facility planning, and safety protocols can be implemented in a timely manner. Late registration and drop-ins cannot be accommodated.
Minimum Enrollment: Enrollment for the program must meet the minimum number of participants required by the registration deadline. If the minimum number is not met the program will be canceled. A full refund will be issued for canceled programs.
Maximum Enrollment: Once a program reaches its maximum enrollment number, registrants will be placed on a waiting list. When possible, additional staff will be added to a program to allow wait list participants to join the program. If space in the program does not become available the registrant's deposit will be refunded.
Enrollment Transfers and Changes: Transfers or changes in the original enrollment can be accepted up to the registration deadline. Enrollment changes are subject to the current program fees. Discounts are not retroactive. Enrollment changes made after the registration deadline will be accepted only if there is space available and adequate staff coverage in the program. All enrollment changes must be made in writing and submitted via email. Contact the Director of Summer Programs, Tanya Moore at email@example.com to make a change to your registration.
Participant Cancellations: Cancellations prior to June 1st will be issued a refund less the deposit and any credit card processing fees. Cancellations after June 1st but prior to the first day of class will be charged the deposit and a 10% fee. Cancellations that occur once the program has begun will only be accepted in extenuating circumstances and, if granted, will be prorated.
Elgin Academy Cancellations: If for any reason Elgin Academy cancels a program prior to the start date of the session the participant will be issued a full refund, including the deposit. If the program is canceled mid session due to COVID and remote learning is not an option the participant will be issued a prorated refund less the deposit.
Medical Refunds: Refunds will be granted for medical reasons, with the refund based on the pro-rated cost. In some cases, a physician letter will be required.
Summer Program Payment Information
- If registering prior to May 1st a $25 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration.
- The deposit will be applied to the program fee.
- The balance is due in full by the registration deadline. (June 1st for programs beginning in June or July 1st for programs beginning in July)
- Pay the balance in full by May 1st and receive a 10% discount.
- Late payments (paid after the deadline) will be charged an additional 25% late fee.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to pay in full by the due date.
- If registering after May 1st, the full fee is due at the time of registration.
- Make checks payable to Elgin Academy.
- Mail to Elgin Academy, Attn: Summer Program, 350 Park Street, Elgin, IL 60120.
- Elgin Academy students may give check payments to their divisional assistant in an envelope marked "Summer Program".
Credit Card Payments
- Credit card payments can be made online.
- Credit card payments will be charged an additional 4% fee.
The following required forms must be submitted one week prior to the start date of the class. Please submit one form per participant. Forms only needed to be submitted once for the 2021 Summer program.
- Elgin Academy Waiver
- Elgin Academy COVID Waiver
- Summer Program Emergency Contact and Health Form
- Medication Form (if taking medication during the program)
Tanya Moore, Director of Summer Programs
847 695-0309 ext. 259, firstname.lastname@example.org
During the months of June and July only:
Joann Ziebell, Camp Coordinator
847 695-0309 ext. 256, email@example.com
Adventure Camp and Extended Care Program
847 695-0309 ext. 460
Driving Directions & Campus Parking
Directions from I-90
Take IL Route 31 South into Elgin; Turn left on Kimball Street. Proceed to Dundee Avenue; Turn right. Proceed one block to Park Street; Turn left. Proceed to Academy Place; Turn left.
Directions from South
Take IL Route 31 North into Elgin; Turn right on Kimball Street. Proceed to Dundee Avenue; Turn right. Proceed one block to Park Street; Turn left. Proceed to Academy Place; Turn left.
Directions from Western Suburbs
West on Golf Road (Route 58) to Dundee Avenue; Turn left. Proceed to Park Street; Turn left. Proceed to Academy Place; Turn left.
Parking is permitted in the lot off of Park Street behind Sears Gallery or in the lot behind the gym off of College Street. Additional parking is available in the spots on the hill on Kimball Street. Do not park on Academy Place. This street is used for carline pick-up and drop-off several times a day and needs to remain clear.
Download a Campus Map