Meet the 2018 WYSE State Champions! The Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) team competed on Wednesday against 35 other schools in their division on the campus of University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
They took tests in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering Graphics, English, and Physics. The team placed 1st overall!
Individual medals were awarded in the following categories:
- Biology - 5th Sharene Gould Dulabaum
- Chemistry - 1st Haolin Liu, 2nd Karan Gowda, 3rd Candace Feng, 4th Neha Karna
- Computer Science - 1st Ben Simon. 2nd Pranav Sai, 3rd Simon Balisi
- Mathematics - 2nd Simon Balisi, 3rd Haolin Liu, 5th Ben Simon
- Physics - 3rd (tie) Richard Zhang and Prudhvie Gudapati
Additional WYSE members include: Madigan Boborci, Connor Jaworski and Danielle LaVigne. Congratulations to all competitors and to sponsor Jorge Sanchez on an outstanding season!