We are committed to making an Elgin Academy education accessible to all qualified students regardless of financial means. Tuition Assistance is awarded to students at all grade levels, kindergarten through high school seniors, and is decided by need and availability of funds. Each year, Elgin Academy awards need-based tuition assistance to qualifying students.
You may ask yourself, can my family afford an EA education? Elgin Academy focuses on adding quality students and families regardless of financial means. Many middle and upper income families assume they would not qualify and forego the aid application process. We encourage you to contact our office to find out more about affording an independent school education for your child.
- 2019-2020 Tuition and Fees
- Tuition Assistance Process
- Tuition Assistance Policy
- Payment Options
- Other Scholarships and Tuition Assistance
Deposit: $1,300 due March 5th
(The deposit is subtracted from the total.)
3 Half Days: $6,060
5 Half Days: $8,950
3 Full Days: $9,320
5 Full Days: $15,120
(3 Days PS or PK: Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
(Includes Comprehensive Fees)
Kindergarten (Full Days): $17,250
Grades 1-4: $18,930
(Includes Comprehensive Fees; Textbooks not included)
Grades 5-8: $23,670
(Includes Comprehensive Fees; Textbooks not included)
Grades 9-11: $27,620
Grade 12: $26,520
Additional student fees are not included in the listed tuition amounts.
New Family Heritage Fee
$1,000 Domestic Students
$2,500 International Students
The “New Family Heritage Fee” is a one-time fee for NEW FAMILIES with new students accepted into our grades K-12 who are joining Elgin Academy and becoming a part of our school’s heritage.
Extended Day Program
For Grades PS-8. Download a comprehensive description and pricing of our Extended Day Program (before and after school care).
Tuition Assistance Process
Affordability is an issue for many families interested in an independent education for their children, regardless of their income level. We are committed to making an Elgin Academy education accessible and affordable to all qualified students. The Tuition Assistance committee determines a family’s financial eligibility to receive tuition assistance in a fair and objective manner, in accordance with standards of the National Association of Independent Schools. Tuition assistance is awarded to students at all grade levels, beginning in Kindergarten, and is decided on the basis of need and availability of funds.
Each year, Elgin Academy awards need-based tuition assistance to qualifying students.
Families seeking need-based tuition assistance must file a Tuition Assistance application. In order to ensure our process for establishing financial need adheres to national standards of best practice, Elgin Academy uses the Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) Program powered by Independent School Management (ISM).
Please click here to learn more about our Financial Aid Application Process
Tuition Assistance Policy
- Elgin Academy, as a private 501(c)(3) educational organization and as an ISACS fully accredited educational entity, provides equal admission and access and opportunities to all students currently enrolled at EA and to students seeking enrollment at the Academy. Elgin Academy does not discriminate against any person or class of persons based on disability, race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation or in any other manner prohibited by either federal or state law. The Elgin Academy admissions policy is dictated by our implementation and usage of our mission statement as a guiding principle to the operation of the school.
- Elgin Academy’s Tuition Assistance program is administered in accordance with all federal and state laws and uses the NAIS Principles of Good Practice as its guide.
- A student’s need for tuition assistance must be demonstrated, by annual submission to the school’s Tuition Assistance Committee, the FAST Financial Aid Application, plus the federal and state income tax returns and supporting documents requested within that system.
- The school attempts to meet need indicated by FAST, but in no case offers 100% coverage of tuition. Fees are not covered by financial aid.
- Elgin Academy believes the obligation for financing a child's education rests primarily with the family and expects that a family be willing to make adjustments and choices in the use of discretionary income and access any additional resources through family, work or local organizations. The Tuition Assistance Committee seeks evidence that a family’s financial commitment to their child’s education is strong.
- Tuition assistance awards may be adjusted each year according to the results of the FAST Financial Aid Application and other relevant data.
- Tuition assistance can be withdrawn if a family is not current in all payments to the school.
- If the number of family members in attendance changes between the award date and any time during the school year, the school reserves the right to alter the award to reflect the new circumstances.
- The school reserves the right to alter, adjust or revoke any tuition assistance award that was based on inaccurate, false or incomplete information.
- All tuition assistance information is kept in strict confidence by Elgin Academy. Billing processes throughout Elgin Academy are designed to keep a family’s financial circumstances confidential. Elgin Academy also requests that families not share their tuition assistance information with other families; awards may be withdrawn due to breach of this expectation.
- Final authority on any and all tuition assistance awards lies with the head of school, acting within the guidelines and policies set by the board.
Pay in Full
- Due June 1, 2019
FACTS Online Payment Options
- 2 Payments - Due on May 10, 2019 and on November 10, 2019.
- Monthly Payments - 11 payment; April 2019 through February 2020, payment is due on the 10th of each month.
- Additional fees apply and are outlined on the student's enrollment agreement.
- The set up deadline for the 11 payment option is March 5th.
- Setting up after March 5th will reduce the number of months available to pay your balance which increases your monthly payment amount.
Elgin Academy is not affiliated with the scholarships below, but we offer these links as a courtesy to parents:
Scholarships for Students Grade 7 and Above
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s scholarship programs are designed to encourage and support outstanding students who work hard and have financial need.